The Hive rules are based around common sense and fairness. This page documents the most common rules.
This page is not intended to be a full and final list of every existing rule and possible case. The staff team reserves the right to judge each case individually and punish or forgive at their discretion.
Breaking Hive Rules may lead to punishments on The Hive Featured Server. Extreme cases, especially those related to chat, may be forwarded to Mojang and/or Xbox Live Player Safety.
The use of any client modification that gives any benefit to you that a vanilla client does not have is against the rules.
Usage of chat:
Keep the chat PG-13 at all times. Be nice, be civil. This means:
- No swearing
- No racism, xenophobia, homophobia, or anything like it
- No spamming
- No arguing
- No unnecessary use of uppercase
- No trolling or any form of intentionally misleading other users
- No advertising (that includes other servers)
Clarifications on what IS allowed:
- Roleplay that is appropriate
- Talking in any language
Play fairly. So don't:
- Abuse glitches in the game or in the client
- Team with other players that aren't in your team
- Intentionally obstruct or sabotage your own team
- If you're eliminated - don't help people that are still alive
- Knowingly team or party with a player using forbidden client modifications
It is not against the rules to be bad at the game.
Additionally, the following rule(s) apply specifically to Treasure Wars:
- Don't skybase
- Don't spawnkill
- Don't intentionally hold up the game for no reason
Extremely big, extremely small, extremely flat, inappropriate, invisible or near invisible skins are not allowed.
As a core exception, we currently allow ALL skins that are obtainable through the official Minecraft Marketplace. However, these skins are still ran against an automated filter, and may be replaced by our fallback skin. This does however mean that you can use any Marketplace skin without risking punishment.